Friday, July 31, 2009

Let Me Introduce You to BOB!

When you are a member of the Bodine/Hart clan and have been coming to Hebgen Lake for the past 10 plus years, there is so much to do, see, hear, etc. Back in my day it was all about me getting up on waterskiis and then being good at it. Not for this group. It is about having the most fun, being silly, trying new things, coming up with new things. Today, I was in for a real treat. I had the privelege of meeting BOB.
My nieces and nephews adorned in trendy wet suits, boarded the boat with a colorful, inflatable tube. Noah and I were along for the ride. Pete, the driver of the boat, found an ideal spot away from other boating traffic. When the boat stopped, the participants jumped in the water. I found it rather interesting that my nephews reached for the pink tubes???? From there, they climbed aboard a tube, joined hands and then Pete circled them conjuring up all kinds of wakes and waves. From the boat, that is what we saw, colorful tubes and people in wetsuits BOBBING up and down.
It wasn't long before my daring, adventurous, crazy nieces and nephews went for the straight BOB--no tubes, just life vests.There were roars and shouts and it was obvious, the more BOBS the merrrier. There were times that I thought the boat got dangerously close, but Pete was and is trustworthy and everyone else thought it enhanced the excitement.

Will I play with BOB? Maybe next trip.

What I learned from the Participants: It is not about looking good, it is about
having fun. BOB ON... DUDES!

No comments:

Post a Comment