Monday, July 13, 2009

Preserving Star Wars Characters

I came home from Hebgen with a tickle in my throat and a cough that was non stop. Sunday morning came and it wasn't any better. I was hoarse and the thought of trying to conduct singing time was not appealing. Fortunately, Sister Huppi was there for the rescue. I feel bad, because she is everyone's substitute, but that is the curse of being blessed with numerous talents and a willing heart. I am ever grateful for her.
(grandpa Hart goes Darth for the camera)

The cough medicine I took nearly knocked me flat. Noah was playing quietly on the floor with his Star Wars Characters. I nodded off into a Sunday sickness slumber. When I awoke, there were large zip loc bags everywhere and the Star Wars characters were no where in sight. Noah loves to do experiments. He had taken each character and placed the figure in a plastic bag, filled it with water, and placed them in the freezer. The freezer was full to the brim and the bags were frozen to the shelves of the freezer.

I have yet to figure out how to remove the characters without defrosting the whole freezer.That is something I will have to face when I return from Hebgen Lake. Besides, there are other ways to preserve Darth...Grandpa and Dad :)
(and just like Luke's Dad and my dad, Noah's Dad donned the dark mask :))

What I learned from Noah: It is not wise to go to sleep when curious minds experiment with preserving their love of Star Wars. Mmmm...Star Wars battles the Ice Age...

No comments:

Post a Comment